My Blog List

Sunday 21 June 2015

I LOVE JIGSAWS

I saw a jigsaw of the city of Barcelona when we were there recently. It had layers of maps and models of buildings and was really attractive.
I love jigsaws so when we got back I "googled" one of London. Amazon obliged.


The joiner was working on the upstairs cloakroom and so I got him to cut me a piece of ply to fit the jigsaw which was an unusual shape and would need to be carted around during its assembly.


The first layer was a map and story of London in 1666, the year of The Great Fire.


The second layer was much more complicated and was made of foam rubber covered with a paper picture layer of the streets in the present day. Some pieces were shaped to fit corners and bridges and buildings.


The models of the buildings were to fit into the spaces in the foam! Like this section of Canary Wharf.


And the last part was very satisfying. Positioning the the buildings to show the skyline.


The completed jigsaw sits well on the board and has pride of lace on the sideboard for a while. It will get dismantled and passed round the family next.


The board was an off-cut from the floor of the new cloakroom on the top floor which is all finished now and waiting for some carpet on Tuesday.


 I came home from Art Class with a picture of York...or mostly York and some invented bits.


It looks quite good in the new cloakroom!


All this is just in time for Summer guests, the first of whom arrive within the week.
Cheers Gillian

No comments: