My Blog List

Saturday 7 April 2012

TIGGER

Tigger died this morning just before noon.
On Thursday she called out for help about six in the morning and I found her unable to walk. Her rear end wouldn't work. We got into the vet first thing and he diagnosed a saddle thrombosis caused by a clot from her bad heart. He gave her a steroid injection and we took her home, but she got a lot worse so we ended up at the vet hospital in Barnard Castle. She then got a further clot on her lung and although they stabilised her and sedated her, there was no real improvement for the next two days. Her back legs were not working and her breathing was painful and laboured. So we decided that she wasn't to suffer any more.
She had a short, eventful and very spoiled existence. She was greatly loved and admired.
Bye Bye Tiggy
Gillian

6 comments:

carol said...

Oh Gillian, I am so sorry. How heart-breaking. She was such a character and she's going to leave a big gap in your lives.

Sue said...

Oh my god Gillian, that is absolutely heartbreaking. Our kelpie died on the very same day after spending 12 yrs with us. We are very sad here at the moment as I am sure you both are. Hugs to you. Tigger was such an adorable kitty.

www,heideho.wordpress.com said...

OH NO! I am so sorry to hear about Tigger. My heart goes out to you. She was a very special kitty who will be waiting for you at the Rainbow Bridge. Hugs from afar.

Jan said...

I'm sorry to hear that. Our pets have a special place in out hearts.

stitching and opinions said...

So sorry, such a shock. every sympathy from us and gert and daisy. xxxx

Lyn said...

Oh I was just catching up with your blogs and was sad to read this post. She looked a wonderful cat and I am sure she will be greatly missed.
xxx