It took quite a few poses to get one as nice as this. I'm still searching the menu for the delete button for the rest!
While I wiled away the day visiting and shopping, Simon continued with his assault against the weeds.He has continued around the base of the white lilac and the ground is now awaiting planting. Money involved here but I'm happy to spend it on heritage.
I shall wait to see how well the books go at the auction at Tennants tomorrow before I buy up big in the plants division.
I bought a grand old mirror on ebay and we managed to mount it last week. I must admit that we didn't have any screws suitable but a quick trip to Focus, a mere 6 miles away and back, got us what we needed as you can see in the next pic.
It's Victorian rather than Georgian but is set on porcelain bun feet and suits the size of the room and mantle piece
There is a lovely mock Wernicke bookcase and the fire surrounds are a mixture of copper and brass. I shall get the fender out from the laundry tomorrow and finish off the "look".
There is no doubt that the front room has rising damp but a careful arrangement of furniture and prints will obscure that for a while. Luckily it is a "ready mixed" Dulux colour so I can just keep re-painting the bits that need it.
Cheers to all