My Blog List

Thursday 26 January 2012

The Good Life 1

We were spending a few days away visiting and whilst at my sister's place, my nephew came round for lunch with some bread and butter he had made himself.
We all enjoyed it!
I'm not a good bread maker and will not waste time or ingredients checking up on that, but I'm going to have a go at the butter right now. E said he just beat the cream till it turned into butter and so shall I. Well I shan't do it by hand. I shall put it in the magimix with the whipped cream attachment and just watch it happen!
Let you know soon.

I finished my first two oil paintings and they seem to look quite good this size on the blog. I took photos and then copied the photos. Nothing terribly creative but I'm getting the hang of the paints and how they handle. They are the new water soluble oils, and the brushes and palettes (and hands) can be cleaned in warm soapy water.













I'm on to a third now and am trying to be a bit more adventurous and creative. Creative to me means something like using the "wrong" colour. Sad really. I wish had some flair.



Cheers Gillian

2 comments:

hippyhat said...

Looks very creative to me. I'm impressed. Do you take commissions?
My creative energies lie elsewhere, although I did have a bash at an art class a few years back and was ridiculously pleased with myself and the results.
No snow to speak of yet. Safe travelling:)
pamela x

carol said...

Love the clucks!