My Blog List

Saturday 2 January 2010

Things Go Well...Purewell Cat Fountains

I'm posting again because I have waited for this. It took a bit of time and effort but Tigger now accepts the Purewell water fountain as her own water supply. She hung about the kitchen taps for quite a while, hoping that they would suddenly fountain forth. DJ found it difficult to keep denying her and I must admit it was sad to keep booting her off the bench top near the taps, particularly as we had allowed her to drink from them before and claimed the procedure as "cute", but at last.............. she admitted that she knew what the new gadget was for. DJ has got so good at lighting the snug fire, that it all became close to red-hot tonight. The smoke I saw was not a leak in the stove but a log on top getting hot enough to start burning. It was quite a furnace.
I think that fires are "boy" things. I would have lit it successfully but would not have turned it into a furnace except by mistake. I would have worried about its red-hot glow. But DJ was thrilled wth it all!!!
I still sit beside its snug warmth, with a lovely box of chocs and a glass of wine, but soon to bed.

Cheers Gillian

No comments: